Us U2AB boys are often surprised when people come up to us and say “So you’re in a Melbourne based U2 Tribute Show?? We didn’t know one existed?!” So just in case you wanted to know more, here are some tidbits of information about our tribute show:
- Our first gig was here in Melbourne, April 2004, at “Father Flanagan’s Irish Pub. This was located at the corner of Smith Street and Alexandra Parade. Its now called “The Gasometer Hotel”.
- We’ve been interviewed on air by Channel 9’s “A Current Affair” about our show.
- We’ve performed live for “Triple M” Melbourne on numerous occasions.
- We’ve performed in countries such as Singapore, Macau, New Zealand, Vanuatu, and various Royal Caribbean cruises.
- We’ve performed in every Australian capital city.
- We performed for the official U2 after parties here in Melbourne during the 2006 “Vertigo” tour. U2 are aware of us!
But what really excites us is to be playing live for people. And we’re always looking to catch up with those U2 fans out there who are missing the real thing, yet want to hear U2’s music performed just like it should.
So once again, THANK YOU to all of you who have either turned up to our gigs, liked, or shared our posts, or all of the above. It truly means a lot to the four of us. See you all at the next show!